The Local Area
Chateau la Briance is found in the unspoiled countryside village of St Hilaire Bonneval and is just a short drive away from the lively city of Limoges which means our guests can enjoy the best of both our tranquil setting and the lively nearby towns and cities. To help you get the most out of your holiday, we’ve compiled a list of activities you can enjoy while you’re here.
- Le Lanaud, a Michelin star restaurant, is close to the chateau.
- Poissonnerie de l'île de Ré is an excellent fish market in Limoges where you can purchase fresh sea food and cook it on our BBQ.
- Limoges city has a range of shops to satisfy even the most devout shopaholic.
- Just four miles from Chateau la Briance is a large indoor shopping mall with over 40 shops and a large Carrefour supermarket.
- Explore the medieval city of Limoges where you’ll find an array of shops, restaurants, bars, museums and entertainment.
- Chalucet – a fascinating 11th century castle ruin within a 10 minute walk from Chateau la Briance
- Oradour-sur-Glane – a 40 minute drive from the chateau brings you to Oradour-sur-Glane, a village left in ruin as a poignant tribute to those killed by the Nazis during World War II.
For the little ones (and big kids)
- Parc Zoo Reynou – a wildlife park featuring 130 different species of mammals and birds.
- Limousine – a children’s farm where young ones can discover more about bovine farming and more.
- Golf de la Porcelaine is a 20-minute drive from the Chateau.
- Gold Club de Limoges is just a 15-minute drive from Chateau la Briance.